Pronouns are used as a substitute of noun to avoid the repetition of noun.
Example: Prashant is my elder brother. He is an intelligent boy.
In above example: Prashant is Noun and he is Pronoun
Types of Pronouns:
1) Personal Pronouns: A Personal pronoun is a pronoun that is related basically with a specific individual.
2) Demonstrative Pronouns: These are pronouns that is utilized to indicate something particular inside a sentence. They can be singular or plural.
This >>>> That
These >>>> Those
Example: The weather was changing very drastically that was the sign of nature anger.
3) Relative Pronouns: A relative pronoun refers relates to some noun going before called its antecedent. Relative pronouns can be utilized to join two sentences. The most basic relative pronouns are which, that, whose, whoever, whomever, who, and whom.
Example: I met Harish who used to live here.
4) Distributive Pronouns: A distributive pronoun is a pronoun which is utilized to demonstrate that at least two individuals are doing or have done an activity of some sort, with both getting the advantages or outcomes of that activity all the while. Distributive Pronoun can also called Reciprocal Pronoun. The common distributive pronouns are Each-Other, One-Another, Either-or, Neither-nor.
Example: Either I or you can go.
5) Interrogative Pronouns: An interrogative pronoun is a pronoun which is utilized to make making inquiries simple. There are only five interrogative pronouns. Who, What, Whom, Which, Whose.
Example: Which do you prefer, tea or coffee?
6) Indefinite Pronoun: These are the words that replace any noun without telling its name. Like somebody, few, anybody etc.
Example: Someone has forgotten his key.
7) Reflexive Pronouns or Emphatic Pronouns: We utilize reflexive pronoun when the activity done by the subject influences the subject. (i.e. the person who performs the action).
Some More Examples help you to learn more:
* These are merely excuses.
* Few escaped unhurt.
* I asked who was speaking.
* Tell me what you have done.
* Mohan and Sohan are good friends. They play football.
* You, He and I must help the poor people.
* This is Sudha's book. Where is mine?
* The army decided to disobey its
* Neither the students nor the teacher was in the class.
* You may take any book.