The Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management is a two-year programme which is specifically designed for professionals of the mid or senior level. EPGPM is a specialized programme that provides candidates with a scientific approach to business decision making in today's business environment. EPGPM provides an opportunity for middle and senior level executives to upgrade their managerial skills without disturbing their professional activities. This course is usually held during weekends and candidates can make the best use of their management skill in group projects.
Duration and Eligibility:
EPGPM is an intensive 1-year residential program.
Qualification: Graduation in any discipline.
Marks: Candidates must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
Age limit: There is no real age limit. However, the average age is around 31 to 32 years.
Candidates for admission in EPGPM must possess the following criteria.
1) A Bachelor's Degree recognized by UGC or AIU.
2) Minimum of 2 years of experience in Managerial or Entrepreneurial after Graduation.
3) The Institutes may look for other professional skills.
4) Some Institutes select candidates based on a valid GMAT/CAT score.
5) One can also take admission by writing EMAT conducted by IIM, followed by a personal interview for short-listed candidates.
Top EPGPM College/University in India:
a) Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
b) Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
c) XLRI - Xavier School of Management
d) Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
e) Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
f) Indian Institute of Management, Indore
g) Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
h) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
Major areas of study:
Major specialization in EPGPM is given below:
a) Integrated and strategic thinking.
b) Data analytical skills along with an understanding of management science in the decision-making process.
c) Interpersonal awareness and ability to work in teams.
d) Awareness of legal financial environment of business.
e) The understanding of the ethical dimensions of management decision making.
f) Awareness of global issues affecting business.
Benefits of doing EPGPM:
EPGPM fills the gap between technology and business decision-making. It helps candidates to enhance their skills in five major fields that any Industry is looking for:
1) Product Management.
2) Product Marketing
3) User Experience Design (UX)
4) Data Analytics
5) Product Owner
Hence, the EPGPM enhances the careers of participants and makes them job-ready.
Career prospects after EPGPM:
1) Since EPGPM students never lack in experience. So, a better job is always come in handy.
2) Professionals can easily become HR Executive or Account Management Executives.
3) If one is not happy with their current job, he/she can easily switch into a different sector.
4) Candidates will typically find a better job after the program in the area of expertise and can do well later.
Salary of EPGPM Graduates:
Salary depends on the following factors:
1) It depends on the area selected by the candidate like the salary in the finance sector is different from the Marketing and Sales.
2) Salary also depends on the performance and skill of the students during the interview.
3) Handsome salary is always given to EPGPM students as they always possess remarkable experience in their fields.
4) Salary range typically varies from 4.2 Lakhs to 24 Lakhs per annum.