Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) is an undergraduate degree course made for those students who want to make their future in the medical field. It is the first step to enter into the homeopathic field.
If someone wants to enhance medical knowledge then BHMS is the best-opted course. One can become a doctor in the field of homeopathic and can add the abbreviation "Dr." as a prefix with his/her name.
Earlier it was criticized and neglected and was not recognized in many places but nowadays it is presently used in 80 countries and recognized as part of alternative medicine in 28 countries.
Duration and Eligibility Criteria:
It is made of 5.6 years which include academic session as well as 1 year of an internship program. In the internship program, students allowed to work in the hospital with live practical.
Qualification: Students should pass the H.S.C (10+2) exam from the science stream (Physics + Chemistry + Biology).
Marks: Students must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
Age limit: Minimum age - 17, maximum age - 22 (depends on category)
- Different colleges/universities have a different mode of admission procedure.
- Top or Reputed college/university conducts the entrance exam like NEET, PU CET, AP where students are required to appear in these exams and then they called for the interview.
- Some colleges/universities offer direct admission for the BHMS degree.
- You can apply only when the online notification comes out.
Major areas of Study:
Major specialization in BHMS is given below:
- Homeopathic Pharmacy
- Skin Specialist
- Infertility and Sex Specialist
Career Prospects after BHMS:
- Students who want to pursue higher studies they can move to Hospital Management with the same course.
- Students can pursue a master degree in Homeopathy.
- Various job profiles like Homeopathic Doctor, Homeopathic Consultant, Therapist, Lecturer, Pharmacist, and Research Professional can opt after BHMS course.
- One can do the practice in both private and government hospitals.
- Career opportunity is not available in India but also abroad.
- You will be a homeopathic doctor after this course and the abbreviation "Dr." will be added as a prefix to your name.
- You can establish your own clinics for the self-practice because this medication has no side effects.
Salary of BHMS Graduates:
Salary depends on the following factors:
- It depends on the profession or area selected by the students like the salary of a doctor varies from a salary of a therapist or consultant.
- Salary mainly depends on the performance and skill of the employ during the interview.
- However, if you are a starter then you may get around the salary package of 20-35k per month, it gets an increase with the experience and goes up to 40-60k, sometimes above that.
- There is no limit to earning money if you become a skilled and experienced doctor in your society.