Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is an undergraduate degree course made for those students who want to make their future in the medical field focused on Ayurveda. If someone wants to enhance medical knowledge then BAMS is the best-opted course. This course covers the study of old and modern medicines, anatomy, physiology, toxicology, and traditional Ayurveda. One can become a Vaidyar or doctor in the field of homeopathic and can add the abbreviation "Vr." or "Dr." as a prefix with his/her name.
Duration and Eligibility Criteria:
It is made of 5Â½ years which include academic session as well as 1 year of an internship program. In the internship program, students allowed to work in the hospital with live practical.
Qualification: Students should pass the H.S.C (10+2) exam from the science (physics+chemistry+biology) stream.
Marks: Students must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.Age limit
: Minimum age-17, maximum age-22 (depends on category)
1) Different colleges/universities have a different mode of admission procedure.
2) Top or Reputed college/university conducts the entrance exam like NEET, OJEE, BVP CET, AP and IPU CET etc where students are required to appear in these exams and then they called for the interview.
3) Some colleges/universities offer direct admission for the BAMS degree.
4) You can apply only when the online notification comes out.
Major areas of Study:
Major specializations in BAMS are given below:
a) Padarhta Gyan
b) Sharir Rachna
c) Sharir Kriya
d) Swasth Vritta
e) Rasa Shastra
g) Shallya Tantra
h) Charak Samhita
Career Prospects after BAMS:
1) Various job profiles like Pharmacist, Ayurvedic Doctor, Ayurvedic Consultant, Therapist, Lecturer, Pharmacist, and Research Professional can opt after BAMS course.
2) One can work in the industries like in Healthcare Community, Ife Science Industries, Pharmaceutical Industries, Dispensaries, and Ayurvedic Resort etc.
3) One can do the practice in both private and government clinics.
4) Career opportunity is not available in India but also abroad.
5) You will be an Ayurvedic doctor after this course and the abbreviation "Dr." or "Vr." will be added as a prefix to your name.
6) You can establish your own clinics for the self-practice because this medication has no side effects.
Salary of BHMS Graduates:
Salary depends on the following factors:
1) It depends on the profession or area being selected by the people like the salary of a doctor varies from a salary of a therapist or consultant.
2) Salary mainly depends on the performance and skill of the employ during the interview.
3) However, if you are a starter then you may get around the salary package of 20-35k per month, it gets an increase with the experience and goes up to 40-60k, sometimes above that.
4) There is no limit to earning money if you become a skilled and experienced doctor in your society.