Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) is a 3-year undergraduate degree made for those students who want to set up their future in the business and corporate world.
It is one of the most flexible and innovative degree programs that deals with the study of Labor Management, microeconomics, Organizational Behavior, Business Law, Marketing Psychology and Accounting etc.
Duration and Eligibility:
BBM course is made of 3 years (may vary from country to country).
Qualification: Students should pass the H.S.C (10+2) exam from any stream with English as a passing subject. Diploma holders are also eligible for this course.
Marks: Students must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
Age limit: Minimum age-17, maximum age- 22 (depends on category).
1) Different colleges/universities have a different mode of admission procedure.
2) Reputed College or universities take their own exams like DU-JAT, IPM-AT, NPAT, UGAT, and SET etc.
3) Steps: Entrance test-merit list-Counseling-Admission
4) Some colleges/universities offer direct admission for the BMS degree.
5) You can apply only when the online notification comes out.
Top BMS College/University in India:
a) Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi
b) St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
c) Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
d) Shree Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), Delhi
e) Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College (DDUC), Delhi
f) Dream Institute of Technology, Kolkata
g) Vidya Prasarak Mandal, Thane
h) Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi
Major areas of Study:
Major Subjects in BMS is given below:
a) Business Law
c) Marketing Management
d) Industrial Law
e) Operation Research
g) Strategic Management
h) Financial Management
i) Business Communication
j) Direct and Indirect tax.
k) International Business
l) Computer Applications in Business
Benefits of doing BMS:
There are immense benefits of doing BMS, they are as follows:
1) Since you will get the depth knowledge of business so you can get the straight entry into the corporate world if you are pursuing BMS.
2) There is no shortage of job if someone holds the degree of BMS like you can be a Business Consultant, Finance Manager, Marketing Manager, and HR Manager.
3) It develops interpersonal and communication skill.
4) Those who want to pursue a Master’s degree in the same course, they can do MMS just after the BMS.
5)There is a huge demand for BMS students in most of the multinational companies.
6) One can seek the job in both private and government sectors.
7) It develops all the strategies like management and marketing from the beginning.
8) With the help of this course you will know what trade is and how it can be managed so that you can handle any business functions.
9) It develops professional capabilities that will help you to become a professional manager and business manager.
Career Prospects after BMS:
Sectors: Finance, Banking, Business Consulting, Sales and Marketing, Enterprise Management, Self Employment, Human Resource Management, Operations Management.
Job Roles: Financial Manager, HR Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, Process Analyst, Teacher, Researcher, Budget Planner and Business Consultants.
Salary of BMS Graduates:
Salary depends on the following factors:
1) It depends on the profession or area selected by the students like the salary in the finance sector is different from the Sales and marketing sectors.
2) Salary mainly depends on the performance and skill of the employ during the interview.
3) However, if you are a starter then you may get around the salary package of 20-30k per month, it gets an increase with the experience and goes up to 30-60k, sometimes above that.