Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) is an undergraduate degree program which is a sports-based course that deals with the study of sports and physical fitness. A person who has an interest in the sports activities and want to enhance the knowledge related to the physical activities. Basically, it is a teacher training program that makes you a qualified physical Instructor. Throughout the courses, one has to learn both theoretical as well as Practical Knowledge.
Duration and Eligibility:
B.P.Ed course is made of 3-4 years
Qualification: Students should pass the H.S.C (10+2) exam from any stream.
Marks: Students must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
Age limit: Minimum age-17, maximum age- 25 (depends on category)
Sex: Both men and women are eligible for acquiring B.P.Ed Course.
1) Different colleges/universities have a different mode of admission procedure.
2) Reputed College takes the admission test like Physical Fitness Test, General Knowledge Test, and Game/Sports Playing Ability Test.
3) Some colleges/universities offer direct admission for the BPED degree on the basis of 10+2 marks.
4) You can apply only when the online notification comes out.
Top B.P.Ed College/University in India:
a) Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak
b) Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU), Kottayam
c) Osmania University, Hyderabad
d) Calicut University, Calicut
e) Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
f) Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
g) Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
h) Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
i) Punjab University, Punjab
j) Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
k) Mewar University, Rajasthan
Major areas of Study:
Major specialization in B.P.Ed is given below:
b) English Communication Skill
d) Sociology of Sports
e) Educational Methodology
f) Kinesiology and Biomechanics
g) Health Education
h) Sports Management
Benefits of doing B.P.Ed:
There are immense benefits of doing B.P.Ed, they are as follows:
1) One can do the master degree in Physical Education (M.P.Ed.) or Post Graduate Diploma in Health and Management (PGDHFM) or M.Phil.
2) One can play in the tournament matches held at the state level, national level, and international level.
3) You can be healthy and fit if you pursue B.P.Ed because involve yoga, physical exercises and various.
4) It develops interpersonal and communication skill.
5) Nationalized banks and PSU's also recruit outstanding sports person.
6) One can seek the job in both private and government sectors.
7) Most selected path after B.P.Ed is the post of PT teacher/Instructor in schools and colleges.
Career Prospects after B.P.Ed:
Sectors: Sports and Business Marketing Companies, Sports Journalism, Fitness center, Sports Equipment Industries, Private and Government Schools and colleges, Sports Team
Job Roles: Physical Trainer/ Instructor, Commentator, Sports Administration, PT Teacher, Umpire or Referee, Sports Journalist, Professional Player, Yoga Teacher, Sports Club Manager, Sports Photojournalist.
Salary of B.P.Ed Graduates:
Salary depends on the following factors:
1) It depends on the profession or area selected by the students like the salary in the Fitness Centre is different from the Private schools or colleges.
2) Salary mainly depends on the performance and skill of the person during the test.
3) However, if you are a starter then you may get around the salary package of 20-30k per month, it gets an increase with the experience and goes up to 30-50k, sometimes above that.