Bachelor of Software Engineering (B.SE.) is an undergraduate academic degree which deals with the study and application of engineering to the design, development, and maintenance of software. This course provides you with a complete understanding of software product, software design, and development process.
Duration and Eligibility:
Duration of the course is 4 years
Qualification: Students should have passed at least 12th with subject science and should have valid engineering competitive marks.
Marks: Students must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
For Government Colleges
1) They will look for marks in JEE mains or Advance.
For private college
1) It depends upon college or university. College may consider admission based on 12th marks or look for valid marks in the competitive exam.
Top B.SE College/University in India:
a) IIT Delhi
b) IIT Kharagpur
c) IIT Kanpur
d) IIT Roorkee
e) IIT Guwahati
a) BIT Sindri
b) Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
c) SASTRA University, Thanjavur
d) Mepko Schlenk Engineering College
e) Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahmadabad
f) Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai
g) Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management
h) SRM University, Haryana
Benefits of doing B.SE:
There are immense benefits of pursuing software engineering:
1) Since you will get the depth knowledge of business so you can get the straight entry into the corporate world if you pursued B.SE.
2) In these days, smartphone app programmers are the highest paid job in the country.
3) The Demand and Salary of a Software Engineer are always higher than the other courses.
4) It provides job security, an environment of change and an innovation.
5) It develops interpersonal and communication skill.
6) Large corporate and multinational companies offer a huge salary package to the software engineer.
7) You are free to travel because it provides you the opportunities to work abroad.
8) Those who want to pursue a Master's degree in the same course, they can do Master programs in Software Engineering.
Career Prospects after B.SE:
Sectors: Development, Networking, Testing, Business, Hardware and Software, Digital Marketing,
Job roles: System Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Support, Network Engineer, Technical Consultants, Technical Sales, Web Developer, Software Tester, Software Developer, Digital Marketer
Top Companies for B.SE Graduates
There is a great prospect in pursuing B.SE degree. A good software engineer can get a job in the various companies like:
a) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
c) My Apps Development
e) Confianz Global
f) Wildnet Technologies
Salary of B.SE Graduates:
Salary depends on the following factors:
1) It depends on the profession selected by the students like the salary in the software developer different from the network engineer.
2)Salary mainly depends on the performance, skill, and capabilities of an employee.
3) However, if you are a starter then you may get around the salary package of 20-30k per month, it gets an increase with the experience and goes up to 30-70k, sometimes above that.