The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a unique doctoral programme in management which offers studies in various fields of management. FPM makes a goal to train scholars so that they can become very skilled and highly innovative researchers and teachers in various fields of management. The FPM offers prospects of a career outside the academic world. This programme provides ample training for an academic career and gives participants the opportunity to make an indelible mark on the research activity in their respective field.
Duration and Eligibility:
FPM course is made of 4 years.
Qualification: An applicant is required to have any of the following criteria:
a) First Class Master's degree in any discipline
b) First Class Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
c) CMA candidates are also eligible.
d) A final-year student appearing for the Bachelor's degree (in Engineering) or Master's degree can also apply.
Marks: Students should secure 50-55% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
Age limit: A candidate must not be more than 55 years.
1) Different colleges/universities have a different mode of admission procedure.
2) Reputed College takes the entrance exams like CAT, GATE, GRE, GMAT, and NET-JRF.
3) The short-listed candidates are called for a seminar and personal interview.
4) Some colleges/universities offer direct admission for the FPM degree.
5) One can also apply online by visiting the official website.
Top FPM college/university in India:
Indian Institute of Finance - IIF
Indian Institute of Forest Management - IIFM
Indian Institute of Management - IIM Ahmadabad
Indian Institute of Management - IIM Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management - IIM Raipur
Indian Institute of Management - IIM Lucknow
Indian Institute of Business - ISB Hyderabad
Institute of Rural Management - IRM Anand
Major areas of Study:
Major specialization in FPM is given below:
a) Accounting & Finance
b) Strategic Management
c) General Management (includes Business Communication, Business Ethics)
d) Information Systems
e) Marketing Management
f) Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
g) Operations Management
Benefits of doing FPM:
There are immense benefits of doing FPM, they are as follows:
1) As an FPM student, you will work closely with faculty members in the capacity of research assistant and co-author.
2) Candidates will be groomed to make an impact in academia as well as in the global business sphere.
3) There would be no shortage of job if someone holds the degree of FPM.
4) They can easily get corporate jobs from campus.
5) No doubt, it too develops interpersonal and good communication skill.
Career Prospects after FPM:
1) Since one is having depth knowledge in management, he/she will never lack job opportunities.
2) Skilled candidates holding a degree in FPM can easily move to faculty positions in India's Top IIMs.
3) Candidates holding FPM degree doing corporate jobs can easily return to academics at IIMs if they want.
4) Doors of getting into Financial Manager, HR Manager, and Marketing Manager are always open for FPM graduates.
Salary of FPM Graduates:
1) The average annual salary of FPM candidates from top colleges is Rs. 21 lakhs.
2) Faculty level positions have the current starting salary of Rs. 13 Lakhs.
3) Some get around 15 lakhs with the 7th pay commission.
4) Those who work in the corporate field get(s) salary even more than 15 lakhs per annum.