What is the full form of UCO?
The full form of UCO is United Commercial Bank.
It is one of the nationalised banks of India and an Indian Government corporation as well as a commercial bank. It was established in 1943 from an idea of a truly Indian bank by Mr G.D Birla.
Its headquarter is located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India and it also has two overseas branches in Singapore and Hong Kong. As of January 2022, Shri Soma Sankara Prasad is the M.D. and CEO of the UCO bank. The Total strength of UCO bank is more than 4000 branches covering over 3000 ATMs and 42 Zonal Offices across India.
Here is a brief history of UCO:
- 1943: United Commercial Bank Ltd. was established
- 1969: Bank was nationalized and taken over by the Government of India
- 1972: Bank started expanding its business
- 1985: Bank was renamed UCO Bank
- 2003-04: UCO Bank had gone for Rs. 2000 Crore of IPO
- 2012: Government shareholding remained 65.19%
- Become a Top-class Bank to achieve sustained growth of business and profitability
- Fulfil socio-economic obligations
- Excel in customer service through up-gradation of skills of staff and use of state-of-the-art technology
- Presence in the whole country
- Powerful capital base
- Huge client base
- Well diversified Asset Portfolio
- Presence in overseas countries
- Personal banking
- Rural banking
- International banking
- Corporate banking
- Foreign Currency deposits
- Online Banking
UCO Vision and Mission
The Vision and Mission of the UCO Bank are as follow:
The vision of the UCO Bank is to emerge as the most trusted, admired and sought-after world-class financial institution and to be the most preferred destination for every customer and investor.
The mission of the UCO Bank is to:
Strengths of UCO Bank
The strengths of UCO Bank are as follow:
UCO Bank has been some quality services to its customers since 1943 and some of its popular services are as follow: