Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) is one of the best-known undergraduate degrees. It is one of the most flexible degree programs that enable the students to select more than 40 arts and social science subjects.
Course duration of B.A. varies from country to country but generally lasts 3 to 4 years. In India, B.A. course is made of 3 years.
Duration and Eligibility:
B.A. course is made of 3 years (6 Semesters).
Qualification: Students should pass the H.S.C (10+2) exam from a recognized education board with Science, Commerce or Arts.
Marks: Students must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
Age limit: Minimum age-17, maximum age-22 (depends on category)
Admission Procedure:Admission procedure varies from college to college or universities to universities. Mostly, it is merit-based admissions and entrance exams. Admission starts after the declaration of 10+2 results. Different colleges and universities publish their cut off list for the students who want to pursue the B.A.
Some colleges or universities offer direct admission to the B.A. course program. Also, almost 5% seats are reserved under the ECA (Extra-Curricular Activities) and sports quota.
Visit the official website of the respective colleges or universities and then fill the online application form.
Major areas of Study:There are so many subjects available in B.A. including history, literature and political science. Apart from this, some of the major subjects available are given below:
There are so many advantages of pursuing BA, they are as follows:
- Students can set up their goal by choosing their flexible subjects.
- This course improves the communication as well as analytical skill.
- It provides lots of career opportunities as well as postgraduate options.
- One can learn the life skills since during college time students learn how to manage money, time and work.
- It provides the greater opportunities in building the network and so there are chances of getting the job quickly.
- It is considered the easiest stream compared to other specialization like Engineering so it is the quickest route to get the degree.
- After the completion of B.A., one can switch to Master of Arts for the further studies.
Job opportunities in B.A.:
- After completing B.A., one can seek a job in any of the private sectors.
- This degree provides the great opportunities in Journalism, Advertising, Sociology, Philosophy etc.
- You can go for the Bank PO positions in the respective bank, just appear in the exam and crack it down.
- A person with an excellent communication skill can switch to BPO or CCE.
- If you have any interest in management then you can switch to MBA after completing BA.
- Journalism and Mass Communication are the latest rising career options.
- If you want to become an IAS and IPS then you can appear in the UPSC exams and crack it down.
Salary:Salary depends on the organization and the candidate's potential, so one can seek a high salaried job. Generally, it is estimated that the average starting salary ranges from Rs 2 to 6 lakhs per annum.
Candidates employed by the Indian Embassy for Arab countries have the salary around Rs. 60,000 per month.