Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a 3-4 year duration undergraduate degree course, made for those students who have an interest in business, leadership, and management.
It is one of most demanded job oriented courses preferred by the students. Its scope is very large and one can go for the MBA (Master of Business Administration) which is the advanced course of the BBA.
Duration and Eligibility:
BBA's course duration differs from country to country. Following are the list of the countries with its course duration:
|Country||Duration (In Year's)|
Following are the eligibility criteria that should be fulfilled by the students to pursue the BBA course:
1) Students should be class 12 passed from a recognized education board with at least 40-50% marks in total with English (depends on college/university) as a subject of study.
2) Minimum age is 17 years and maximum age is 22 years for the applicants.
3) No matter what was your stream (science/commerce/arts) in class 12, you are eligible to pursue this course.
1) Different colleges/universities have a different mode of admission procedure.
2) Reputed colleges/universities take the entrance exam where students are required to appear in the entrance exam and then accordingly merit list publishes. Some top entrance exams are DU JAT, AIMA UGAT, IPMAT, and SET etc.
3) Some colleges don't take the entrance test; they will select the students on the marks/percentage obtained in class 12. Just like if you scored 70% or above then you will get direct entry into the college/university.
4) Some colleges/universities offer direct admission for the BBA degree.
5) You can apply only when the online notification comes out.
Top BBA College/University in India:
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore||IIM Indore|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies||Delhi|
|Jai Hind College||Mumbai|
|HR College Of Commerce and Economics||Mumbai|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies||Symbiosis International University|
|Institute of Management||Nirma, Ahmedabad|
|Faculty of Management||Osmania, Hyderabad|
Major areas of Study:
Major specialization in BBA is given below:
f) Supply Chain Management
g) Management Information System
h) Banking and Insurance
Benefits of doing BBA:
There are immense benefits of doing BBA, they are as follows:
1) Since you will get the depth knowledge of business so you can get the straight entry into the corporate world if you have done BBA.
2) There is no shortage of job if someone holds the degree of BBA like you can be a Business Consultant, Finance Manager, Marketing Manager, and HR Manager.
3) It develops interpersonal and communication skill.
4) Those who want to pursue a Master's degree in the same course, they can do MBA just after the BBA.
5) Just prepare the exams like CAT, MAT, and XAT after the BBA for getting entrance into the top MBA colleges/universities.
6) There is a huge demand for MBA students by most of the multinational companies.
7) One can seek the job in both private and government sectors.
8) It develops all the strategies like management and marketing from the beginning.
Career Prospects after BBA:
Masters Degree: Prepare the exams like CAT, MAT, GMAT, and XAT to get enter into the top MBA College because there is a huge demand for this degree by most corporate companies.
Sectors: One can work in sectors like Banking, Business consulting and Housing, Marketing and Financial Organization, And Multinational Companies.
Job Types: Financial Manager, HR Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, Process Analyst, and Business Consultant etc are the different job roles one can choose after completing BBA.
Entrepreneurship: If a person doesn't want to work in a company and want to be own boss then his/her dream can be true if successfully completed BBA and MBA.
Salary of BBA Graduates:
Salary depends on the following factors:
1) It depends on the profession or area selected by the students like the salary in the banking sector is different from the salary in the Marketing and HR sectors.
2) Salary mainly depends on the performance and skill of the employ during the interview.
3) However, if you are a starter then you may get around the salary package of 20-30k per month, it gets an increase with the experience and goes up to 30-60k, sometimes above that.