Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is a 3-year (mostly) undergraduate degree in commerce and is made for those students who have an interest in Economics, Accounting, Taxation, Insurance, management, marketing and Business Law. It is one of the most popular streams selected by the students. In India, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the course duration is made of 3 years (6 semesters). After completing this course, one can do the M.Com (Master of Commerce) which is the advanced course of the B.Com.
Duration and Eligibility:
B.Com course is made of 3 years (6 Semesters).
Qualification: Students should pass the H.S.C (10+2) exam from any stream with english and math as the passing subjects.
Marks: Students must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
Age limit: Minimum age-17, maximum age-22 (depends on category)
Admission procedure varies from college to college and universities to universities. Normally, it is merit-based. Top universities like Jamia Milia Islamia, Delhi University, BHU and other universities conduct the entrance test for the admission.
Some colleges or universities offer direct admission to those students who want to pursue the B.Com course.
Some colleges or universities take admission which is purely based on the 10+2 exam.
Major areas of Study:
Students can select the following top specialization for the B.Com program:
b) Account and Finance
d) Human Resources
e) Information Management
g) Financial Market
h) Banking Insurance
j) Investment Management
k) Stock Broker
There are so many benefits of doing B.Com, they are as follows:
1) There is no shortage of job if someone holds the degree of B. Com.
2) It developed interpersonal and communication skill
3) Through this degree, you will know how successful companies are making money because you will know the business techniques.
4) Those who want to pursue a Masterâs degree in the same course, they can do M.Com just after the B.Com.
5) One can seek the job in both private and government sectors.
6) It gives you the depth knowledge of the business and financial reports.
Career Prospects after B.Com:
1) Accountant: Since every company needs an accountant to run their business so one can work as an accountant after completing B.Com.
2) Tax Consultant: One can work as a tax consultant in any company and later can work independently.
3) Human Resource: After completing B.Com you can apply for the HR position or you can do the MBA in Human Resource.
4) Banker: There are so many recruitment ads published and hire commerce graduates, just visit the official website of the banks.
5) BPO: There are huge opportunities in BPO with good salary package. You can work as a Customer Care Executive, Business Development Manager, and Team Leader.
6) Auditor: Auditor position comes after the accountant. In this post, you have to check all the financial reports and accounting ledgers.
7) Lecturer: If you want to become a lecturer /professor then do the M.Com which is the advanced course of the B.Com.
8) Government jobs: You can appear for government jobs like civil services exams like IAS, IES, and IPS. Also, you can apply for the SSC, CGL, RRB and other banking exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RBI etc.
9) Other career options like Charted Account (CA), Stock Broker, Hotel Management, Economist, Entrepreneur, Market Researcher, Lawyer and Insurance Consultants etc can be opted after completing B.Com.
Salary of B.Com Graduates:
Salary mainly depends on two things. First is an industry you choose like CA, BPO, Banking, and Accountant etc. Second are the organization as well as the employ skill and performance during the interview. However, it is estimated that the average salary of a B.Com student lies between 2 - 5 lakhs per annum and sometimes above that. It will increase after the work experience and go up to 8-10 Lakhs per annum.