ISC which is known as Indian School Certificate is an XII standard exam in India regulated and controlled by The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). ISC has been designed as an examination, through the medium of English, in accordance with the recommendations of the New Education Policy 1986, after a two-year course of studies beyond the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination or its equivalent.
Duration and Eligibility:
Course duration for ISC Grade-12 is 1 year.
Qualification: Students should have passed ICSE.
Marks: Students must secure at least passing percentage of 40 in aggregate.
Age limit: No age limit.
1) Different schools/colleges have a different mode of admission procedure.
2) Reputed Private Schools consider 10th ICSE standard marks of around 80%.
3) Some schools may take an entrance exam or aptitude exam for admission.
4) While other doesn't take direct admission. They take only those who studied ICSE in their own school or institution.
Top ISC School in India:
a) Vidya Niketan School, Hebbal, Bangalore
b) City Montessori Inter College, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
c) Lakshmi School, Madurai
d) The Cathedral And John Connon School, Mumbai
e) La Martiniere Girls' College, Lucknow
f) Rishi Valley School, Rishi Valley, Chittoor
g) The Assam Valley School, Balipara, Sonitpur
h) Garden High School, Kolkata
i) The Shri Ram School, Aravali, Gurgaon
j) Modern High School for Girls, Kolkata Loreto House, Kolkata
k) Mallya Aditi International School, Bangalore
l) St. Mary's School, Pune
Major areas of study:
Subjects in ISC are mainly divided into two parts:
a) Compulsory: English
b) Elective Subjects: History, Political Science, Geography, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Commerce, Accounts, Business Studies, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Home Science, Fashion Designing, Electricity and Electronics, Engineering Science, Computer Science, Geometrical and Mechanical Drawing, Art, Music, Physical Education, Environmental Science, Biotechnology.
Benefits of doing ISC:
There are numerous benefits of doing ISC:
1) A student can graduate (usually in English medium) after ISC.
2) Candidates are eligible for various entrance exams like Bank Po, RRB, and IBPS etc.
3) Jobs can also be provided based on marks scored in ISC.
4) More chances for admission in colleges.
5) If someone gets good marks for instance around 90%, top college or universities are always welcome for them.
Career prospects after ISC:
It opens a whole new world of the education system and they can excel in any field they want to.
1) There is no lack of career or course option for a student after completing 12th ISC broad.
2) Students can easily complete graduation on various stream depending on what subjects they have taken in ISC.
3) They find much easier for their higher education and various competitions like AIIMS, IIT JEE Mains and Advance.
4) Students are generally talented who qualifies ISC, no doubt they can excel in any field they want to.
Salary of ISC students:
Not so big but there exists the possibility of a job for ISC students.
1) Having ISC Certificate, one can find jobs in private company.
2) If someone cleared the entrance exam like IIJ-JEE, and upon completion of their graduation, they can make a huge amount of profits.