Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) is a 3-year undergraduate degree made for those students who want to set up their future in the business and corporate world. It deals with the study of business law, economics, ethics, finance, and strategic management etc.
It is one of the most flexible and innovative degree programs. It is normally incomparable in quality with BBA and BBS because courses have almost similar curriculum so considered equally.
Duration and Eligibility:
BBM course is made of 3 years (6 Semesters)
Qualification: Students should pass the H.S.C (10+2) exam from any stream with English as a passing subject. Diploma holders are also eligible for this course.
Marks: Students must secure at least 50% in aggregate depends on the college/university.
Age limit: Minimum age-17, maximum age- 22 (depends on category)
- Different colleges/universities have a different mode of admission procedure.
- Reputed College takes the entrance exams like UGAT.
- Entrance test-merit list-Counseling-Admission, Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and Language and Reading Comprehension.
- Some colleges/universities offer direct admission for the BBM degree.
- You can apply only when the online notification comes out.
Top BBM College/University in India:
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore||IIM Indore|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies||Delhi|
|Jai Hind College||Mumbai|
|HR College Of Commerce and Economics||Mumbai|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies||Symbiosis International University|
|Institute of Management||Nirma, Ahmedabad|
Major areas of Study
Major specialization in BBM is given below:
- Business Law
- Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- International Business
Benefits of doing BBM:
There are immense benefits of doing BBM, they are as follows:
- Since you will get the depth knowledge of business so you can get the straight entry into the corporate world if you are pursuing BBM.
- There is no shortage of job if someone holds the degree of BBM like you can be a Business Consultant, Finance Manager, Marketing Manager, and HR Manager.
- It develops interpersonal and communication skill.
- Those who want to pursue a Master's degree in the same course, they can do MBM/MBA just after the BBM.
- There is a huge demand for MBM/MBA students in most of the multinational companies.
- One can seek the job in both private and government sectors.
- It develops all the strategies like management and marketing from the beginning.
- With the help of this course you will know what trade is and how it can be managed so that you can handle any business functions.
- It develops professional capabilities that will help you to become a professional manager and business manager.
Career Prospects after BBM:
Sectors: Finance, Banking, Business Consulting, Marketing, Corporate Communication, Strategic Management, and Operations Management.
Job Roles: Financial Manager, HR Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, Process Analyst, and Business Consultant etc are the different job roles one can choose after completing BBM.
Entrepreneurship: If a person doesn't want to work in a company and want to be own boss then his/her dream can be true if successfully completed BBM and MBM/MBA.
Salary of BBM Graduates:
Salary depends on the following factors:
- It depends on the profession or area selected by the students like the salary in the finance sector is different from the Marketing and HR sectors.
- Salary mainly depends on the performance and skill of the employ during the interview.
- However, if you are a starter then you may get around the salary package of 20-30k per month, it gets an increase with the experience and goes up to 30-60k, sometimes above that.