Python 3 is available for Mac OS, Windows, and Linux operating system.
Local Environment Setup
You can download the python software from the official website i.e. https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/
Following are the step by step guidance of how to install the python 3 software on Windows, Linux operating system.
In Linux, you can find out the versions of python present in the system by writing following command in a terminal window
* python --version
* python2 --version
* python3 --version
Steps for installing python on LINUX
* Open any web browser.
* Follow the link https://www.python.org/downloads/ to download the source code in the zipped format available for Unix/Linux.
* Download the file and extract it.
* For customizing certain options you can edit the modules/setup file
* Execute the. /configure script
* make install
* This will install Python at /usr/local/bin as a standard location and its other libraries folders at /usr/local/lib/pythonXX, where XX represents the version of Python.
Steps through the command line
1. Download source code through the following command
$ wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.5/Python-3.6.5.tgz
2. UPDATE OR UPGRADE your system
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
3. There are a bunch of tools that are required to build python. This bunch of listed tools can be break into shorter command if you repeat the sudo apt-get install -y command.
4. If you have all prerequisites and tar file, unpack the source into the directory and under the file, the new directory can be created for e.g.
$ tar xvf Python-3.6.5.tgz
$ cd Python-3.6.5
5. There required execution of. /configure tool to prepare the build
$ ./configure --enable-optimizations --with-ensurepip=install
6. With the make command, build the python programs
$ make -j 8
7. Since you're installing Python into the location /usr/bin, you'll require executing as root:
$ sudo make altinstall
8. Test your python install
$ python3.6 -V
Install Python on Windows
* Follow the website https://www.python.org/downloads/.
* From the website search for windows installer python-ABC.msi, where ABC represent version that you need to install.
* To make use of installer python-ABC.msi, the system must be compatible with Microsoft Installer 2.0.
* In your local machine, save the installer file and then execute it to verify that your system supports MSI.
* After execution of the downloaded file, Python installation wizard will display that is very simple to use as other software. The only need is to accept the default settings and to wait till completion of the installation process.
Open a terminal window by pressing Windows + R and type "python" to find out that your pc there is already installed and which version is installed.
Recent Macs operating system come with inbuilt installed Python, but sometime may be out of date. Follow the specified link http://www.python.org/download/mac/ for getting proper guidance the current version and all prerequisites tools to support Mac development.