You have just got a call from the recruiter asking you to come for your SMO Interview and now you are nervous because you don't feel prepared enough?
Well, do not worry as this SMO Interview Questions blog will help you with that. Social Media Optimization (SMO) is an emerging trend of current corporate and almost every company is shifting to online marketing for their business. This has led to increasing demand for SMO executives to help the company increase the traffic and sale through SMO tactics.
The following blog consists of a list of top 15 SMO Interview Questions which includes all the basic to advanced level questions. The blog will not only help you to enhance your basic knowledge but also get the job you want.
So, without further ado, let us proceed!
1) What do you mean by SMO?
SMO, abbreviated Social Media Optimization, is a practice that is used to market services products, and increase brand awareness across social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
2) Why are # HashTags used in SMO?
3) How can you measure the success of social media?
There are various parameters that are used to measure the success of social media. Such as:
- Number of followers
- Lead generated for the post
- Inbound or external links from other social media sites
- Number of published posts
- Number of subscriptions
- Number of sales made online
- Traffic generated, the comment made, and social shares
4) Mention the major Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for social media success.
The major KPIs must be known for the companies to adopt the correct SMO tactics and budget. The major KPIs for measuring social media success are:
- Social Connections
- Videos Views
- Traffic Data
- Likes and shares
- Number of active followers, etc.
5) What tactics are used to promote the content or blogs on social media?
There are various tactics which can be used to promote the content or blogs on social media platform:
- Sharing blogs on various social media platforms
- Pinning the post on Pinterest
- Targeting the 9.00-11.00 PM traffic
- Sharing the images and title of the post through Instagram
- Using social sharing the schedule to post the blogs
- Using the different title for the same blog
6) Which timings must be kept in mind for publishing the content on social media?
To generate more traffic, posts must be done as per the specific timetable. For example, in India, the perfect time to post on social media sites is in between 9 pm - 11 pm as most people tend to use social media at that time.
Similarly, the best time to post on social media to generate US and UK traffic is 4:00 am to 6:00 am as per the Indian time.
7) What is Facebook Edgerank and why is it important in SMO?
Facebook Edgerank is an algorithm that is used by Facebook to determine where the post on Facebook should be posted, whether in the news feed or on the follower's page.
Edgerank is important as it impacts the overall Facebook marketing strategies including user engagement through links, images, and videos.
8) Which tools can you use to measure the success of social media?
Some of the tools which can be used to measure the success of social media are:
- Google Webmaster Tool
- Social Mentions tool to measure the mentions on social media
- Social CRM Tools
9) What is RSS feed and why is it beneficial?
RSS, abbreviated as Rich Site Summary is an XML file that pushes content into the website so that user cans subscribe to their feed.
There are various benefits of RSS feed, such as:
- Getting a wider audience for the content
- Better feeding of content to users
- Email subscriptions
- Live Bookmarking
10) How do you demonstrate the elements of a viral video?
A viral video must have a proper targeting audience before creating. Also, the first 20 seconds of the video must be compelling enough to engage the users in the video.
The video must also have attractive titles and descriptions to attract the target audience. The video must also consist of proper tags and seeding to reach out to targeted bloggers.
11) Mention some of the Twitter best practices.
The posts on twitter must not be longer than 100 characters. It should be direct and crisp. The post should also not contain more than two tags per tweet.
TweetDeck or Buffer should be used to properly schedule the tweets.
Twitter Advanced Search must be used to enhance marketing strategies on Twitter.
Finally, the analytics on Twitter must be regularly monitored to analyze the best SMO tactics.
12) How can Facebook reach be boosted?
Some of the popular strategies to boost Facebook reach are:
- Elimination of third-party tools
- Buying ads
- Improving Facebook Edgerank
- Increasing and building Website and email list
13) Name some of the advanced Social Media Marketing tools.
Some of the advanced Social Media Marketing tools are:
- Sprout social
14) How can one earn through Facebook Marketing?
Different strategies can be adopted to earn through Facebook marketing such as:
- Selling Facebook group
- Selling Fan page
- Employing a few costs over the Facebook fan page, etc.
15) What is an online reputation crisis?
An online reputation crisis is a situation where the reputation of the company over social media is destroyed due to some negative consequences or wrong SMO strategy adopted.