Government and industry regulations increasingly require products and parts to be clearly identifiable. Due to laser marking, laser engraving, and laser etching, these processes have become more popular.
The use of lasers for engraving, marking, and etching
Using these three Prezzo marcatrice laser services, you can add distinction to your products.
- How do they differ?
- Etching, marking, and engraving differences:
- Using lasers for marking:
- It is possible to create high-contrast marks on materials without damaging them by moving low-power beams slowly across them.
- By heating them, lasers turn materials black by oxidizing them.
- Metal surfaces are annealed at low temperatures.
- During this process, surfaces remain intact.
- Some places offer these services, but not all.
- Charring or annealing are methods for coloring or darkening plastics or metals using lasers.
- An annealed, a migration, a foaming, or a coloring process are all types of laser marking.
- Besides plastic, titanium and stainless steel are other materials that can be used for medical device parts.
- In addition to marking barcodes, UID codes, QR codes, and logos, laser markers can also be used to mark various types of identifiers.
- A laser-powered engraving process involves the use of a laser:
- As lasers engrave, they vaporize material due to the high temperature.
- Pulses cause vaporization, which is why it's quick.
- We create a cavity that is optically and tactilely responsive.
- Several repetitions of this process are required to engrave.
- Laser engraving can be used for etching, engraving deep into the surface or ablation (depending on the engraving surface).
- Generally, most people who want something customized choose this option.
- The use of safety-critical markings is not ideal.
- Metal can be engraved to a maximum depth of 0.020 inches, but graphite can be engraved to a maximum depth of 0.125 inches.
- Marking with lasers is quick and easy.
- A more wear-resistant material can be used for these parts.
- Engraving serial numbers and logos is one of the uses of this machine.
- A variety of surfaces can be engraved, including leather, metal, plastic, and wood.
- There are many ways to use materials.
- It is easier to engrave jewelry with a laser than with a traditional engraving process.
- In this program, you can choose from more fonts.
- The likelihood of the product being damaged or deformed is lower.
- Conventional engraving is slower than laser engraving.
- A laser-powered engraving process involves the use of a laser
- There are no consumables available
Despite appearing similar, each technique is quite different.
In addition to the way the marks look, the three technologies differ from each other in how deeply they penetrate.
Engraving or etching with a laser actually removes some of the material. This is different from laser marking, which only marks the surface. Laser engraving and laser etching use different laser penetration depths. For more information, visit lasit.it.
Laser engraving, etching, and marking cannot be interchanged, despite the fact that they are often used interchangeably. There is a wide variety of processes used to complete various tasks.
Materials change slightly as laser light interacts with surfaces.
There are a number of things to consider when separating laser marking and laser engraving.
An optical cavity at eye level is created by physically removing the material's surface through laser engraving.
There are still a few important differences between laser marking and engraving.
Comparing laser engraving with traditional engraving is also useful:
Price laser marking machines have the advantage of being permanent. Additionally, unlike other methods of marking, the marking can take place during the initial production phase.
Even after shot blasting and e-coating, you'll keep the high-quality marks. Barcodes, data matrix codes, or alphanumeric serial numbers won't be degraded.
By removing technologies that use chemicals or inks, the marking process is simplified, and there is one less consumable to be handled. A reduction in annual operation costs is also achieved by eliminating consumables.